There this is
The fork
I never thought
Lays before us
I can follow the pattern
Map out the events
Somewhere between
Here and there
We had our laugh
And toasted the night
This web we spun
Of manipulation
We designed the structure
Down to every scene
We lined up the characters
And pulled the trigger
We knew the risk
But never the outcome
And, so
Here this is
Where we part
From this grand venture
You this is
All of it
For without you
There was never I
And
I am no good at any of this
Let’s close the board
And put away the chips
Take the stock off the table
Can’t we erase
Undo what’s been done
Add a new chapter
This time will be different
Better than before
I can rearrange the setting
You the characters
We can laugh once more
And play with one eye open
We know the rules
Get the strategies
Let’s throw in the anti
And take the road together
I just can’t imagine
Walking it alone
Without you, my friend
I won’t go it
Even if all it ever was
All it will ever be
Is just this
I’m sorry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment