Tuesday, August 26, 2008

the unmasked Sri

the single
“and I am”
most insignificant
“and I have always been”
One
“here”
lay stricken
“and I have seen in passing”
it’s wings wilted
“through ages of change”
icicles
“the cycles of life”
Forgotten
“your world is dying”
whose eyes
“you know this”
frozen wide
“and you will soon see”
the struggle alone
“for I know you”
is her story
“and will forever”
and if one could
“after you have come and gone”
One would feel her tremble
“the dilapidation of its beauty”
to understand
“its creatures whom roam”
to bleed
“slowly falling away”
to be in its presence
“my lot is this”
for if one listened
“with no change”
carefully
“there is none that I can do”
to whispers
“and this I beg of you”
traveling
“don’t let it slip”
one might hear
“look up”
upon a bow
“hold on”
above
“for if my survival is so impertinent”
high in some tree
“then yours is even greater”
the sifting grass
“I am here”
of cold iced snow
“nature’s birthed right”
slipping
“hold my hand”
sliding
“walk with me”
her lips thin
“let me introduce you here”
her body recedes
“then pass it along”
warmth she urns for
“for she is saved”
home she is waiting
“Nanya will come”
her being shutters
“mark my words”
though solid
“she will come”
she is aware

No comments: