On a dusty road. In the dead of winter. Where the snow meets the sand. Upon tired legs, the sun at my back, arms stretched, fingers numb - a hazy shadow stood before me. And as I stumbled hands to earth, knees to dirt and peered, a smile formed across my face - for I had met my maker. I listened as the day turned into night and the sun rose once more. The shadow kneeled beside me and asked if I had forgiven. And with a nod I asked if I was in return. A sigh reverberated the world around and said, "I cannot judge those that come before me, just encourage. For it is only when one forgives can the soul truly let its vessel go." I closed my eyes and in the far distance I could hear her well. As my Mother called me home, my Father carried me there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment