Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Out of Niphuria

She, frail and tiny. One would say she mirrors an insect with oversized wings. Each webbed in elaborate pastel design. Though her eyes are weary, they dart, alert and sound. She pears into the moonless sky, looking beyond, searching for her way. In the distance she hears the call.. and waits. The time is come. She knows her duty well as she is the messenger. Arisen from Niphuria, out of depths of the Helix and through the Gates of Zephyr. And in agony, she whispers back to the call, "I have stood on the edge of existence and I have seen all there is. I have mocked those that try but never gave enough - knowing they shall perish in all they do. I have laughed at those who laugh back and smirked when I do not breathe in their favor. I have cried for those who cannot see and hear, however talkative and promising they are as a listener. I have walked the paths of the demons and groveled at the feet of the unworthy. I do not fear those I have not met, just those I did and never took the time to understand. I do not hate those that do not see the world as I do, because it would only be reciprocated. I do sigh, however, at those that move too fast and do not wish to play awhile. For I have stood and stayed, I have lived many lives and breathed in even more days. And I must keep going and I must keep surviving because that is what is expected of me." -- The Unmasked Sri

No comments: